Managment of Software Packages with module
Multiple Versions of Various Software Packages are Available on rous.mit.edu
Versions are managed using module
- List available applications on the system:
- Load an application so it can be used:
- Specify version number of an application, e.g.
module add tophat/2.0.12
We recommend you always module add the version number so that you know which version of the software is used. Otherwise, a running application may generate different results or break when the software is upgraded in the future.
Note: some packages are available only after you load the python (for python packages) or jre (for java packages) modules. For example, compare the output of the following:
module add jre/1.6.0-29 module avail
- R and R packages - Various versions of R are installed on rous. Each one has a collection of associated packages. Execute the following commands taking note of the comment lines:
#Load an R version module add r/2.15.3 #Start R R #List R packages and direct the list into an object called "a" a<-installed.packages() #Display the dimensions of the object "a" dim(a) #List the parts of object "a" that have package name and package version a[,c(1,3)] #Note that those package version numbers may not be consistent from month to month. when using R you #should capture session info with the command: sessionInfo() #quit R q(save="yes") #enter y at prompt #view R data that remains ls -lat|head cat .Rhistory
- List loaded applications:
- Unload an application:
- Print module help: